Shape the Future is an open, collaborative project to develop CILIP’s strategy to 2020. The consultation phase of the project closed in December 2015 and the staff, Board and Presidential Team at CILIP would like to offer their thanks to the hundreds of people that took the time to share their thoughts and ideas with us.
The response to Shape the Future was very clear – people want CILIP to be a modern, progressive and effective professional body that advocates for, unites and supports people working in the library, information and knowledge sectors. Key findings from the consultation included:
- We need to use Plain English in all of our work
- We need to focus outward and achieve real, visible impact
- We need to move on from ‘strategy’ to action
- We need to acknowledge & invest in our Special Interest Groups & Member Networks
- We need both to advocate for the profession overall and deliver value for specific sectors
- Our Membership Model needs to change to reflect changes in the profession
- We need to evolve our model of professionalism while standing up for professional skills & values
Draft CILIP Action Plan 2016-2020
Using the findings from Shape the Future, we have developed an Action Plan which sets out our objectives and activities between now and 2020. The Powerpoint slides below set out the main elements of the plan.
The CILIP Action Plan 2016-2020 is published in draft until the 18th March. Please send any additional comments to email@example.com.
Shape the Future Evaluation Report
We have pulled together all of the responses and contributions to Shape the Future into a single Evaluation Report.
This has been a tremendously valuable document in shaping our Action Plan.
Shape the Future Dataset
Around 500 of the 701 respondents to the Shape the Future survey gave express permission for their responses to be published anonymously. Usernames, session ID and other identifying content have been removed from this dataset.